The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna will host the 3rd EUFRAD network meeting and conference, in collaboration with the SHARE network.
Registration Now Open!
The meeting will focus on the experience and expertise of supervisors in the development and realization of doctoral level work in the arts.
EUFRAD has previously organized meetings in Glasgow (September 2009) and Stockholm (September 2011), bringing doctoral researchers and their supervisors together to explore the role of international networking and dialogue in the development of doctoral level artistic research work.
Working in conjunction with SHARE (jointly coordinated by ELIA and Gradcam) this 3rd meeting will mainly bring together supervisors (but also researchers are welcome to attend) to reflect on the specificity of the supervisor role within doctoral level artistic research.
Among the questions addressed by this conference are:
- What are the different ways in which the supervisor role may be constructed within artistic research doctoral level work?
- What are the different kinds of agency that the supervisor role can have within the development of individual doctoral projects; institutional research agendas; an international peer community for their subject area or discipline?
- What relationships are possible between the artistic and creative practice of the supervisor and the content of the projects of their doctoral students?
- What are the different ways in which the supervisor role may be supported institutionally?
- What are the relationships between work as a supervisor and work as an examiner in the 3rd cycle? Is it necessary to acquire experience as an examiner in order to be a supervisor?
- Given that the European models are so varied, and given the variety of employment models / institutional affiliations for supervisors, what can we do through international exchange between supervisors?
For further information, including a full programme, please visit the EUFRAD Vienna Programme Page.
Click here to register.
The deadline to register is 28 August.
Registration is free.
Two lunches and one dinner are provided.