Exchange Companions – for students by students
The Exchange Companions, students at the Academy, and International Office staff support incoming exchange students especially during the first weeks of getting acclimatised, but also later.
The Academy, as the host, considers this an important element in its inclusive stance and a step towards advancing diversity.
The Companions in the academic year 2021/2022 are:
Paulina Bousek and Theo Maier
Jour Fixe every Thursday, 9:30-11:30 am, Schillerplatz 3, Raum E9
Meetings and personal talks can be arranged anytime by writing to: email@example.com
The Companions accompany and guide the incoming students through the semester with a carefully chosen programme of useful, artistic and touristic events. Participation in these joint events and excursions is voluntary; they are usually quite popular.
The supporting semester programme relates to administrative requirements, study-related information and community events.
A comprehensive Info Guide for Incoming Exchange Students, reissued by the International Office and the Exchange Companions every semester, provides a written summary of the most important information and many additional helpful tips. It is distributed at the Welcome Meeting.
The Welcome Programme consists of, among others:
- the Welcome Meeting for exchange students
- introduction to AkademieOnline (administrative portal of the Academy: course catalogue, registration for courses and exams, information systems, mail and web services of the Academy, etc.)
- viewing of the sites and premises of the Academy
- tours of the institutes
- introduction to the library
- viewing of the Academy’s collections
- city tour through Vienna
- walks through the Vienna Woods
... and is followed by a variety of activities that span the entire semester:
- weekly Jour Fixe at the International Office
- tours of galleries and Off-Spaces
- joint visit of exhibitions, artistic interventions, performances
- day trips
- activities relating to sustainability, Civil Engagement and many more.
The team of the International Office is looking forward to meeting you in person!