For the first time the IG BILDENDE KUNST Gallery invites suggestions or concepts for the Exhibition Programme 2011 AND 2012 and would be happy if this information could be passed on.
The IG BILDENDE KUNST Gallery is an exhibition space with a programmatic orientation and is a non-commercial enterprise. The focus of the exhibition projects is a concern with content dealing with the current politics of culture, art and society to be communicated in curated group shows using artistic practices and means of expression.
Submission documentation requirements
1. Name and Contact address (telephone number and e-mail address) of the project leader/proposer as well as a short curriculum vitae/biography
2. Detailed description of the project (maximum of five A4 pages)
3. Meaningful short description of the project (1000 characters) that will be read in the public-access jury meeting
4. Description of the visual realisation taking into account on-site conditions (available space, display windows etc.)
5. A (provisional) list of participating artists (with short cvs and photos of examples of the works if possible)
6. Concept of accompanying events (discussions, actions, screenings etc.) if any
7. A realistic estimate of costs along with a finance plan
Duration / dates
The length of most exhibitions is around six to seven weeks. Project submitters may propose a specific opening date but it may not be possible to take this into account.
On the 30th of September, 6 p.m. the submitted projects will be considered by the executive committee in the form of a public-access jury meeting in the IG BILDENDE KUNST Gallery. One or two projects will then be selected for the 2009 programme.
Preference will be given to projects that take into account an extended definition of art, manifest and foster critical art-immanent questions, subversive strategies, transdisciplinary or participatory modes of thinking and working.
Solo shows are excluded on principle.
What we can offer:
- Space: Information about the exhibition space can be downloaded at: www.igbildendekunst.at/kunst/galerieinfo/rauminfos
- Budget: 500.- € fee for the curator(s) or project head
1.000.- € production budget (for travel expenses, cost of staying, material, rental fees (equipment), fees etc.)
- Free membership of the IG BILDENDE KUNST for 1 calendar year for curator(s) and artists resident in Austria
- Press work and other public realtion activities (web mailings, website updates, announcement in bild.punkt magazine...)
- Additional printing, graphic design and distribution of 1000 IG exhibition folders
- Additional installation and dismantling of the exhibition up to 15 hours
- Opening event (help for the opening, drinks and snacks)
- Photographic documentation of the exhibition
- Support in obtaining additional financing
- use of our equipment (details and a list of available equipment: www.igbildendekunst.at/kunst/galerieinfo/rauminfos)
Deadline for submissions is the 15th September 2010 (date stamp on envelope). Project proposals may be submitted by e-mail, normal post or personally (Tues – Fri, 1 – 6 p.m.) Submitters will receive notification of the results by e-mail.
On the 1st of Oktober the executive committee (board) of IG BILDENDE KUNST will select estimated four projects.
Please note: IG BILDENDE KUNST is closed from the 1st August till the 1st September.
Queries (preferably by e-mail) and submissions to Galerie IG BILDENDE KUNST
Gumpendorfer Straße 10-12
Opeing hours: Tues - Fri 1 – 6 p.m.
Phone +43 (0)1 524 09 09
Fax +43 (0)1 526 55 01