The 13th International Conference "Migration and Urbanity" seeks to look at the relation between migration and urbanity from an array of different disciplinary perspectives as well as different contexts. The conference is scheduled for 13-15 June 2013 in Basle, Switzerland.
If you are interested to present your perspective, you are invited to submit an abstract of max. 500 words. Proposals can be submitted on questions in the following thematic areas, exploring both theoretical and empirical aspects (see also detailed Call in the download area):
- Theoretical and historical perspectives on migration and urbanity
- Urban planning and urban development in the context of migration societies
- Life and strategies for living in marginalized urban neighborhoods
- Politics in the context of integration, marginalization and participation
- Post-migrant scenes, spaces and cultures of support …
- Social and symbolic processes of inclusion and exclusion in urban space
- Intersectional discrimination and forms of empowerment in urban spaces and cultures
- Migration and urbanity in cultures of memory
Conference languages are German and English.
For details see: www.irm-trier.de/veranstaltungen/migration2013_call.htm