Research Grants for Graduates (doctoral candidates)
financed by the Federal Ministry for Science and Research bmwf
With this call doctoral students of all doctoral programmes and the PhD-in-Practice programme of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna who will finish their doctoral studies within the academic year 2013/14 (i.e. until September 2014) can apply for a research grant.
The grants are given in the form of one-time payments; the ministry allows the Academy to distribute a sum total of 5.200 Euro. The Vice-Rector for Art | Research decides upon the grants (number of grants and volume of each grant) on the basis of a jury recommendation.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- active studies of a doctoral programme or the Phd-in-Practice programme at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
- Austrian citizenship or EU citizenship analogous to §4 Studies Grants Act
- max. income of 8.148,- per year (i.e. highest stipend according to Studies Grants Act)
- the applicant should neither be an employee of the Federal Government (the "Bund") nor of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
- With the grant the finalisation of the dissertation project will be financially supported. A realisation (resp. presentation) of the results of the dissertation project within the academic year 2013/14 is a criterion for the grant.
Necessary documents for application:
- filled in application form
- abstract of the dissertation project (ca. 5,000 characters excl. spaces)
- detailed workplan and detailed time plan until the finalisation of the project, including an estimate of the costs needed for completion (production costs, where applicable; not living costs) - max. 2 pages
- letter of recommendation of the supervisor
- CV (table)
- current "Studienblatt" (the form of certification of enrolment)
The complete application must be sent via e-mail to Michaela Glanz firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> by Monday, November 25, 2013 (ideally as one pdf-document).
In case of a grant award the money will be transferred at the beginning of the year 2014. By the end of the academic year 2013/14 (i.e. by September 30, 2014) a final report must be sent to the Vice-Rectorate of Art | Research in paper and e-mail.
According to the general framework directive of the Federal Ministry of Science and Research (bmwf) the advancement of female early stage researchers is to be considered a priority. 40% of the money granted to the Academy is to be awarded to women.