The conference is organized by the Institute for Natural Sciences and
Technology in the Arts of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna in
cooperation with the Vienna University of Technology and the Austrian
Chemical Society under the auspices of the European Association for
Chemical and Molecular Sciences.
Conference Language is English.
ChemCH2014 is the 3rd International Congress on Chemistry for Cultural Heritage after previous symposia in Ravenna/Italy in 2010 and Istanbul/Turkey in 2012 and will particularly provide an international platform for presentation and discussion on the issues and topics
- chemical imaging (e.g. immuno-chemistry)
- chemometrics in cultural heritage - interpretation of results for co-operation with professionals in CH
- modern materials in art and museums
- new materials and methods in conservation-restoration
- development of non-invasive techniques
- sample preparation
- degradation / corrosion: chemical interaction of environment with movable and immovable art works
- technical studies and authenticity (case studies)