Deadline: June 11, 2004
The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna intends to appoint a Professor, in accordance with the provisions of § 98 UG 2002, for 6 years in Habitat, Environment, Conservation at the Institute of Art and Architecture.
- Have their work focus in the areas of habitat, environment and conservation.
- Be able to formulate architectural thought and action in an appropriate didactic model on the basis of internationally recognised and outstanding experience.
- Convey the ability to analyse complex architectural tasks in their social, artistic, technological and theoretical dimensions, place them in a methodical structure and implement them in a project.
- Promote co-operation with the Academy` s artistic and scientific resources.
Requirements for appointment are:
- An appropriate degree from an Austrian or equivalent foreign university, or an artistic-scientific qualification that may be considered equivalent
- Excellent artistic, practical and theoretical qualifications for the field of appointment
- Pedagogic and didactic ability
- Relevant specialist experience in highly qualified non-university work
Teaching obligations include 20 tuition units a week (300 tuition units a term) at the Institute of Art and Architecture, in the field of the special subject theory and practice (architectural design).
The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna intends to increase the number of its female staff, in particular among its managerial, scientific and artistic staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the case of applicants with the same qualifications, woman shall be given preference.
Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurring as a result of their participation in the application process.
The candidates must be willing to participate in hearings.
Written applications should be sent to the Academy of Fine Arts, Human Resource Department, Schillerplatz 3, A-1010 Vienna by June 11th, 2004
Dr. Stephan Schmidt-Wulffen