The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna intends to appoint following position at the Institute for Art Theory and Cultural Studies:
(according to § 99 UG 2002) for Postcolonial Studies. This professorship is appointed for a period of 2 years (October 2006 until September 2008).
The field of duties covers passing on modern and contemporary art in their transcultural relations, reflection of cultural methods and appropriate constructions of identity and difference as well as the transformation of non-European art. Teaching obligations cover at least 6 units a week, the support of theses and dissertations.
Requirements for application:
- an appropriate degree of an Austrian or equivalent foreign university (or a qualification that may be considered equivalent);
- excellent academic qualification in the relevant field;
- proof of pedagogic and didactic qualities;
- proof of appropriate international experience;
- proof of appropriate non-university-related practice;
- willingness to contribute in university agendas and to the development of the arts and sciences by promoting the Academy's research activities.
A connection of research and teachings to an artistic or curatorial experience in the field of Postcolonial Studies (lectures, symposia, research projects, exhibitions) and activities in the field of research and publication.
Written applications, enclosing a full CV and the reference number 27/2006, should be sent to the stated address by August 11th 2006.
Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, Human Resource Department
Schillerplatz 3 | 1010 Vienna | www.akbild.ac.at
Tel.: 0043/1/ 588 16 - 276 | Fax: 01 588 16 - 275 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to increase the number of its female staff, in particular among its managerial, scientific and artistic staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In case of applicants with the same qualifications, women shall be given preferences.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is determined to undertake anti-discrimination measures in respect of employment policy.