according to § 99 UG 2002 of the Universities Act 2002 (Universitätsgesetz, UG 2002), at the Institute for Art and Architecture
The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna intends to appoint the following position:
according to § 99 UG 2002 of the Universities Act 2002 (Universitätsgesetz, UG 2002) for Architectural Design at the Institute for Art and Architecture. This professorship is appointed for a period of 2 years starting on September 1st, 2007 limited until August 31st, 2009.
The Institute for Art and Architecture at the Academy of Fine Arts will be restructured as from 2007/2008. 5 platforms will constitute the Institute's operative basis, one of them being the platform for GEOGRAPHY LANDSCAPE CITIES. This platform will be organized as an intellectual, reflective, experimental and research-oriented centre.
Applicants should have in-depth expertise of the field of GEOGRAPHY LANDSCAPE CITIES. At least one research project in the field is to be proposed as part of the application.
Requirements for application:
- The applicant must be a qualified architect with an Austrian or equivalent non-Austrian degree;
- proof of artistic, scientific and technological achievements in architecture and the field;
- proof of teaching qualifications and experience in the field;
- proof of highly qualified, extramural practice in the relevant field;
- leadership skills and willingness to participate in university committees are a must.
The position covers teaching obligations of at least 20 units a week.