for Architectural Design at the Institute for Art and Architecture
The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna intends to appoint the following position:
according to §99 UG 2002 for Architectural Design at the Institute for Art and Architecture. This professorship is appointed for a period of 1 year starting on October 1st, 2007.
Applicants should have excellent knowledge of analogue and digital design. At least one research project within this field of knowledge should be suggested as part of the application.
The Institute for Art and Architecture at The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna will be restructured as from 2007/2008. 5 platforms will build the operative basis of the Institute. One of them will be the platform for analogue and digital design which should be established as intellectual, reflective, experimental and research-orientated center.
Requirements for application:
- qualification as an architect with an appropriate degree of an Austrian or equivalent foreign university (or a qualification that may be considered equivalent);
- proof of art-scientific and scientific (technical) expertise in the field of architecture and the field of knowledge mentioned above,
- proof of pedagogic and didactic qualities in the field of knowledge mentioned above,
- proof of appropriate international experience and non-university - related practice;
- competence to hold a chair and of contributing to the development of the arts and sciences by promoting the Academy's research activities.
The field of duties covers teaching obligations of at least 20 units a week.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to increase the number of women on all levels of staff, particularly in managerial, scientific and artistic staff positions. Therefore, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna greatly encourages qualified women to apply. In the event that there are applicants with equal qualifications, women will be the preferred candidates. The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is committed to implementing anti-discriminatory measures in its personnel policies. Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.