according to § 99 of the Universities Act 2002 at the Institute for Art and Architecture (IKA). This appointment is for a period of 4 years starting as soon as possible.
The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna is currently accepting applications for the following position:
according to § 99 of the Universities Act 2002 (Universitätsgesetz 2002 - UG)
for Architectural Design at the Institute for Art and Architecture (IKA). This appointment is for a period of 4 years starting as soon as possible. The IKA is organized in 5 platforms whose interrelation constitute the institute’s operative basis. This professorship includes teaching obligations as the studio, lectures and research.
Applicants should prove in depth knowledge in GEOGRAPHY LANDSCAPE CITIES as well as HISTORY THEORY CRITICISM. Candidates should show substantial practical experience in order to link urbanism and theory to architectural design and typological thinking.
Applicants are expected to propose one research project as part of the application
The applicant is expected to set up networks with related research groups inside and outside the academic field in order to act as a mediator for the information in this field from the very technocratic to the artistic. The applicant should be able to position the platform as a design-driven, environment-conscious and culture- oriented place of architectural education providing new professional perspectives for students of architecture.
Requirements for application:
- The applicant must be a qualified architect with an Austrian or equivalent non-Austrian degree, a post- graduate degree is preferred;
- proof of artistic, technological and scientific achievements in architecture and the platforms mentioned above;
- proof of teaching qualifications and experience;
- proposal of at least one research project connected to one of the platforms;
- proof of both theoretical and practical achievements in architecture;
- proof of highly qualified, extramural practice in the relevant field;
- leadership skills and willingness to participate in university committees are a must.
The position covers teaching obligations of at least 12 units a week.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to increase the number of women in all areas of staff, particularly in managerial, scientific and artistic staff positions. Therefore, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna greatly encourages qualified women to apply. In the event that several applicants are equally qualified, women will be the preferred candidates. The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is committed to implementing anti-discriminatory measures in its personnel policies. Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.