at the Institute for Fine Arts (IBK). This position for professor will be awarded for three years and begins as soon as possible.
In accordance with § 98 of the Universities Act 2002 the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is currently accepting applications for the following position:
of Art and Research at the Institute for Fine Arts (IBK). This position for professor will be awarded for three years and begins as soon as possible.
Scope of duties:
The scope of duties for this professorship is:
- direction and coordination of the School for Art/Knowledge Research at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna in addition to the PhD in Practice program, both of which are done in cooperation with the Academy’s professor of Epistemology and Methodology of Art Production;
- studio teaching;
- supervision of post graduate projects (within the framework of the PhD in Practice program);
- development and submission of proposals; realization of research projects;
- initiation of exhibitions, screenings, publications, symposia, workshops etc.;
- active participation in university committees.
Applicants are expected to exhibit:
- an artistic practice that is highly distinguished and internationally visible, which demonstrates an articulate discursive approach to issues concerning artistic knowledge production and research;
- experience in related non-university fields (exhibitions, publications etc.);
- experience in related areas of teaching and communication in the context of artists’ education;
- competence in the conceptual and practical development and realization of a program that conducts innovative research within the School for Art/Knowledge Research at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna;
- ability to coordinate events and publications;
- readiness to actively participate in university committees and form cooperations with colleagues.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to increase the number of women in all areas of staff, particularly in managerial, scientific and artistic staff positions. Therefore, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna greatly encourages qualified women to apply. In the event that several applicants are equally qualified, women will be the preferred candidates. The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is committed to implementing anti-discriminatory measures in its personnel policies. Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.