The Institute for Art and Architecture (IKA) at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, in collaboration with the City of Vienna, is currently accepting applications for an
Endowed Professorship for Visionary Forms of Cities
(Endowed chair “City Culture and Open Space“).
This Professorship, according to § 99 University Law 2002, will be awarded for one year starting on September 1st, 2017.
The endowed professorship should have the objective to artistically, radically and poetically bring forward the debate on the city and architecture. The object of study is the city.
The teaching and research beholden with the endowed professorship should focus on the following main areas:
- The formulation of radical and visionary concepts regarding urban space
- The formulation of theoretical approaches regarding the city
- The analysis and research of housing conditions and to formulate alternatives
- The intensive exchange of ideas and knowledge transfer between the city of Vienna and the Institute for Art and Architecture
- The release of the results by appropriate publication, exhibition or event
The applicant should be able to prove teaching and research experience in at least two out of three fields of knowledge: Geography Landscape Cities (GLC), Ecology Sustainability Cultural Heritage (ESC), as well as History Theory Criticism (HTC). The application should elaborate at least one research focus out of the mentioned platforms.
Requirements for the Application:
- Qualified as an architect in Austria or abroad or proof of equivalent academic qualification;
- Proof of internationally recognized high quality design project and building practice or scientific expertise in the area of theory and criticism.
- Proof of university teaching experience in the mentioned field of knowledge
- Excellent German and/or English language abilities
Teaching duties include courses totaling in at least 14 teaching hours per week.
The gross monthly salary according to the collective bargaining agreement for university employees in group A1 is currently EUR 4.891,1.
Written application should include a detailed CV, reference projects as well as an intended research project related to the field.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to increase the number of women in all areas of staff, particularly in managerial, scientific and artistic staff positions. Therefore, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna greatly encourages qualified women to apply. In the event that several applicants are equally qualified, women will be the preferred candidates. The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is committed to implementing anti-discriminatory measures in its personnel policies. Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications until 12.05.2017 following the link