The central task of the International Office is to expand, implement, and promote internationalization in all areas of the university, as well as to support and further develop the partnerships and networks of the academy. We are the contact point for international exchange at the academy. Students and staff receive information about student and staff mobility (teaching and training), support for realizing mobilities, as well as assistance in obtaining scholarships. The International Office also assists guest students and guest lecturers and serves as a point of contact for planning, acquiring, and implementing international mobility projects.
Scope of activity
- Supporting the Rectorate and the departments in strategic and organizational development in the area of internationalization
- Supporting and advising the departments and the Rectorate in initiating, specifying, implementing and maintaining international partnerships and collaborations
- Mobility programs of the European Commission (e.g. Erasmus +, International Credit Mobility)
- Acquisition of third-party funding and allocation of internationalization funds
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting of central and decentralized internationalization projects in teaching, research and continuing education
- Project planning, budgeting, implementation, documentation and evaluation of international projects (e.g. Erasmus+: International Credit Mobility)
- Implementation and administration of formalized exchange programmes for high-quality transnational mobility for students and teaching staff as part of the Academy's internationalization strategy.
- Various other mobility programs (e.g. ASA Art School Alliance, CUMULUS; PIE ELIA, Marshall Plan, Worldwide Exchange - bilateral cooperation)
- Negotiating university partnership agreements (Europe and outside Europe)
- Advice and support for exchange students during their stay at the Academy
- Advice and preparation for the stay abroad for students of the Academy
- Coordination of visits from other universities on a representative level
- Cooperation with various institutions (ÖAD - Österreichischer Austauschdienst GmbH, European Commission, embassies, Austrian ministries, etc.)