Unions Council for the General University Staff
Term of office 23.11.22 – 22.11.2027
According to the §38 of the Austrian Labor Constitution Act (Arbeitsverfassungsgesetz), the Works Council has the task, in addition to several other legal foundations, such as the Employee Protection Act, the Working Hours Act, the University Act, the Collective Agreement, etc., of ensuring and promoting compliance with laws and regulations, including the economic, social, health and cultural interests of the employees.
Its scope of action is limited to the overall interests of the respective company, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. The central task of the works council is to represent the interests of the employees. In its activities, the works council has special duties of conduct towards the individual employee in the company. For example, the works council members are obligated to maintain confidentiality about the employees' personal circumstances and business secrets.
In addition to representing the workforce as a whole or the individual employee, the works council also has a piece of information, control, and communication function in the company.
The works council for the general university staff works closely with the works council for the artistic-scientific staff, which links the team and the rectorate.
We work for you
- in meetings/hearings with the rectorate, human resources, and the university council
- in committees (data protection/personal rights, building and security issues)
- through the conclusion of company agreements
We advise, support, and represent
- in personal individual consultations and meetings
- through individual interventions (rectorate, heads of departments/institutes, and staff)
- by accompanying/consulting on meetings between employees
- through assistance with workplace health promotion
- through conflict management
- in case of planned dismissals
- accompanying employees to consultations with the GÖD or the AK
- in our function as a contact point
- organize targeted information events for the workforce
We are in regular exchange
- at meetings with the rectorate
- by participating in activities organised by the university
- with works councils of other universities and educational institutions, with GÖD and AK officials
- by accompanying employees to consultations with the GÖD or the AK
We educate ourselves further
The works council of the general university staff regularly participates in further education and training measures of the GÖD and the Chamber of Labor.