Invitation for application for a Professorship in Painting/Conceptual Art
Application deadline: 17 January 2003
The Academy for Fine Arts Vienna seeks to appoint a Professor (full teaching load) for 5 years in Painting/Conceptual Art at the Institute for Fine Arts.
Requirements for appointment are:
- an appropriate degree from an Austrian or equivalent foreign university or an artistic or artistic-scientific qualification that may be considered equivalent,
- excellent artistic or artistic-scientific qualification for the field of the appointment,
- pedagogic and didactic ability,
- management abilities,
- international experience,
- specialist experience in highly qualified non-university work.
- have their work focus in contemporary conceptual art practice,
- have a broad knowledge of materials, media and technologies in art and the commitment to combine theory and practice in research based teaching,
- be willing to assume administrative tasks within the university.
The salary for a full time non-tenured professor shall be agreed according to the provisions of § 49 j Section 1 VBG.
The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna wishes to increase the number of its female staff, in particular among its managerial, scientific and artistic personnel and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the case of applicants with the same qualifications, women shall be given preference.
Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.
Written applications should be sent to the Academy of Fine Arts, Personnel Department, Schillerplatz 3, A 1010 Vienna by 17 January 2003.