Academy Studio Program 2023/24 – Call for proposals extended!
Studio support program for graduates of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
Deadline: Tuesday, June 13, 2023, 11 a.m.
Submission via https://calls.akbild.ac.at/calls/
Within the framework of the one-year Academy Studio Program 2022/23, the fellows will be able to move into a shared studio space in the Creative Cluster in Vienna's 5th district. An accompanying program in the form of Open Studios (Vienna Art Week 2023), a Studio Visit (in 2024) as well as talks with the program participants will highlight the artistic practice of the participants and communicate their artistic positions to the public. At the end of the program year, together with the Creative Cluster, a closing event is planned in the individual studios.
- Graduation from the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna between June 2021 and June 2023.
Exception due to social reasons: If the degree was completed longer ago, there is still the possiblity to submit if proof of e.g. childcare periods, illness or care of relatives etc. is provided.
- Completed application form
- Diploma certificate confirming completion of studies at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
- Curriculum vitae with details of education and overview of artistic career to date (solo and group exhibitions, scholarships and prizes)
- Portfolio with 5 selected works/projects of the artistic curriculum vitae to date
- Registration form (permanent residence in Vienna)
Please note: Applicants who have already received a grant for the Academy Studio Program or ArtStart Studio are not eligible to apply again. Parallel participation in the Mentoring Program Art and Academy Studio Program in 2023/24 is not possible.
- The motivation of the participants must correspond to the goals of the Academy Studio Program.
- Necessity of a studio space
- Content and artistic quality of the applications
- Completeness of the submission
Benefits of the program
- Use of the studiospace in the Creative Cluster for from October 2023 - mid-September 2024 (more precise dates tbc).
- Use of the Creative Cluster infrastructure
- Public relations and networking (framework program points, talks with the program participants, closing event together with the Creative Cluster, dates tbc).
The participants commit themselves for
- Use of the studio space according to the house rules of the CC for almost one year
- Participation in the accompanying program points
- Opening and presentation of the studio and participation in the events of the Academy Studio Program 2024
- Mid-June 2023: Selection by jury
- June 29, 2023: Info meeting of the program participants (Zoom) with Barbara Pflanzner
- September 2023: Tour of the Spaces together with Barbara Pflanzner
- October 2023: Move into the studiospaces in the Creative Cluster
- November 2023: Open Studios @ Vienna Art Week
- From February 2024: Accompanying program points (tbc, studio visits, etc.)
- Mid-September 2024: Move out of the studios
To be submitted
- in a PDF file portfolio and curriculum vitae (German or English, max. 25 pages with max. 10 MB with last name_first name_Portfolio_ASP23/24).
- Please save the registration form and diploma certificate in another PDF file (max. 5 MB with last name_first name_registration form_ASP23/24).
Incomplete and untimely applications will not be considered. There is no legal claim to the award of the scholarships. Applicants will be notified of the selection outcome via email after the selection meeting
For questions regarding the call for applications please contact
MMag.a Barbara Pflanzner (firstname.lastname@example.org, +43 1 588 16-1204)