FWF | PEEK
The aim of PEEK (Programme for Arts-based Research) is to fund clearly defined research proposals of high artistic and academic quality at an international level in the field of arts-based research.
- Any person engaged in arts-based research who has the necessary qualifications
- Support high quality and innovative arts-based research in which artistic practice is integral to the inquiry.
- Increase research capacity, quality and international standing of arts-based researchers in Austria.
- Increase both public awareness and awareness within the academic and the arts communities of arts-based research and its potential applications.
- Artistic/academic quality and standing
- sufficient free capacity
- required infrastructure (Connection to an appropriate university or non-university institution in Austria, so that the necessary documentation, support and quality of the results are ensured)
- to a maximum of 48 months
- Depending on the individual project project-specific costs (personnel and non-personnel costs) may be requested. The number of reviews required depends on the level of funding requested.
- via the FWF’s electronic application portal (elane)
- accepted continuously, no application deadlines
- in English
- by the FWF Board based on an international review process
- The review process is carried out with the involvement of the international PEEK Board
- generally in the June or November/December Board meeting
Further information: https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/funding/portfolio/projects/arts-based-research
NEW: In addition, PEEK applications can also be submitted in the AI Mission Austria funding initiative, whereby the applications must be thematically related to the field of artificial intelligence research. Further information on how to apply can be found here.