Call for Papers: Graduate Conference 2020
The Graduate Conference 2020 takes place on Tuesday, the 12th of May, 2020 at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. At the graduate conference five advanced doctoral/PhD candidates will give a public presentation about their dissertation / PhD-project or an aspect of it.
Every presenter has a 25-minute time slot for the talk (incl. presentation, videos etc.) and the same amount of time available for a discussion. A colleague of the Academy, who is not supervising the respective PhD-student, will moderate the discussion. Each talk will be accompanied by a discussant, who opens the rounds of discussion with their comments. The presentations can be held in German or English. The conference will take place all-day.
The Graduate Conference aims at a stronger visibility and integration of doctoral candidates at the Academy of Fine Arts and seeks to increase an exchange and networking possibilities among the doctoral as well as researchers and artists of the Academy. Furthermore, the Graduate Conference is essential in enhancing the discussion of dissertations and PhD projects. Debates between disciplines, which are not part of every-day life, are also welcomed.
To apply, please submit:
- Name of the doctoral/PhD candidate and email-address
- Title of the dissertation / PhD-project and preliminary table of content or overview of the chapters
- Abstract of the planned presentation (max. 3.000 characters, incl. blanks)
- Short CV
- Short recommendation of your supervisor
- Current “Studienblatt” (certification of enrollment)
- Approved dissertation agreement (for Dr. techn. signed supervision agreement)
- Short information about the starting date and the expected finalization date of your PhD
- Language of the presentation (English or German)
- Suggestions for moderators and discussants
The deadline for the submission of the documents is 20 th of April, 2020 at 2 pm . Submission are only accepted through calls.akbild.ac.at .