Social Media and Selfbranding
Your own public appearance is the focus of this workshop: Based on the current state of every participants personal media and social media profile, competencies are discussed and developed in order to expand this for professional and scientific purposes.
The workshop is aimed at people who want to increase their skills connected to public appearances and create their own public image via social media.
We will also find time for dealing with individual motivations and fitting emphasis for your own content. Digital skills are another angle to strengthen individual competences. Additionally content of this workshop include an overview of different types of social media use and developing strategies for using platforms for one’s own public appearance.
The participants ...
- learn to sharpen their own profile and to develop clarity regarding their expertise
- are empowered to design their social media presence and to develop strategies
- get insights into networking and networks
- Own profile and self-branding: Which strategy suits me?
- Platforms: Which are the fitting and most important ones – for your profile?
- Different strategies for Social Media marketing
- Developing relevant networks and keep them working
- Reputation management: How can one build a reputation online?
When and where should I post?
The workshop is aimed at participants who want to make their expertise accessible to a wider audiences and to become (more) publicly tangible.
Lecture and presentation, Individual or small group work, exchange, and discussions.
Mag. a Dr. in Andrea Schaffar, Communication and social scientist, Univ. Ass. Postdoc CDS Cross-Disciplinary Strategies/University for Applied Arts, university lecturer, trainer and organizational consultant (ÖGGO), managing director of project office XO OG, head of FiZ, Forschungsinstitut Zivilgesellschaft (https://fiz.ac.at/).
Date | Thursday, April 28, 2022, 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
Venue | Online via Zoom
Conditions for Participation
- Eligible for registration are enrolled doctoral and MA students of Critical Studies at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna and the University of Art and Design Linz. If you successfully graduated before not more than three years at the Academy, participation is possible, too. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in the case, you would like to attend the workshop.
- Binding registration at the latest on April 26, 2022 via e-mail at email@example.com, including a scan of your current certification of enrollment
- Applicants will receive information about the workshop in advance
- 12 participant maximum (first come, first serve)
The workshop will be held in German and English.
If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .