2nd Year Scholarship
Every year, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna awards six scholarships to aspiring young artists in their second year of study.
Particularly promising and motivated, but socially disadvantaged students from third countries*, stateless persons, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection and convention refugees receive a total of 7.000 Euros in funding with the 2nd Year Scholarship.
5 October - 9 November 2023, 11:00 am
- 7.000 Euros for the second year of study, payment is made semi-annually.
- Refund of tuition for the winter semester 2023/24 and waiver of tuition for the summer semester 2024.
- Payment for the summer semester is dependent on academic performance during the winter semester.
Terms and conditions of participation
- Actively running a regular diploma, bachelor or master program in the second year of study (= 3rd semester) or, if the program started in the summer semester, in the 2nd semester at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.
- Citizenship of a third country* or stateless persons, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection and Convention refugees.
- It should be foreseeable that
- the bachelor's degree can be completed in the minimum duration of study or
- the first study section of the diploma can be completed after two years.
- Social need.
- Complete application: Application form as well as all required documents, proofs, certificates according to the application form.
- Students who are in possession of a Rot-Weiß-Rot Card are excluded from participation.
* Except all member states of the EEA as well as Switzerland and the United Kingdom (the EEA includes the 27 EU-member states and the so-called EFTA-states Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway). Exchange students and dual citizens of an EEA member state (incl. Switzerland, United Kingdom) do not qualify for this grant.
- After the submission deadline, the application and the social need will be determined by the Vice-Rector for Art | Teaching.
- Subsequently, the Scholarship Committee (consisting of members of all institutes as well as the ÖH) will exclusively review the submitted portfolios, the curriculum vitae, and the letters of recommendation. In a subsequent jury meeting in mid-December, a decision will be made on the awarding of a total of six scholarships.
- Only applications with complete information and documents that meet the criteria listed can be considered.
- Please note that the submission deadlines must be strictly adhered to; late or incomplete applications cannot be considered.
An application is only possible via https://calls.akbild.ac.at/. To use our submission system https://calls.akbild.ac.at/ you have to register once (if you do not have access yet) - please use your @student.akbild.ac.at address to identify yourself as a student. Login is not possible with the AkademieOnline password, as this is a separate system.
It is possible to apply for both the 2nd Year Scholarship and the Student Assistance Fund. Please note, however, that only one of the two scholarships can be awarded to you.