Job vacancy at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna: University Professor in the department of Textile Arts and Crafts at the Institute for Secondary School Teaching Degrees
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to appoint following position:
in the department of Textile Arts and Crafts at the Institute for Secondary School Teaching Degrees. This professorship is appointed for a period of 2 years beginning with October 1st 2006.
This professorship is established at the Institute for Secondary School Teaching Degrees to develop on the basis of textile craft a transdisciplinary reflexion and transformation of everyday cultural, economical and pedagogical aspects in this genre. The applicant is expected not only to impart this scope by carrying out a dialog with other departments at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, but also to contribute to a strengthening of the integration of theoretical and practical aspects. Furthermore it is intended to open the scope of the distribution of arts and culture beyond the school sector for questions of adult education and to promote research activities in this field.
Requirements for application:
- excellent artistic or scientific qualification in the relevant field having special regard to a cultural concept that reflects medial as well as theoretical implications. In terms of a transdisciplinary art and science term references to other disciplines, media and genres should be considered;
- an appropriate degree of an Austrian or equivalent foreign university (or artistic qualification that may be considered equivalent);
- proof of international scientific or artistic experience;
- proof of pedagogic and didactic qualities;
- competence to hold a chair and of contributing to the development of the arts and sciences by promoting the Academy's research activities;
- willingness to contribute in university agendas and to cooperate with colleagues is implied.
Teaching obligations include in accordance with the appointment of the rectorate at least 10 artistic individual tuition units a week
Written applications, enclosing a full CV and the reference number 15/2006, should be sent to the stated address by May 17th 2006.
Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, Human Resource Department
Schillerplatz 3 | 1010 Vienna | www.akbild.ac.at
Tel.: 0043/1/ 588 16 - 276 | Fax: 01 588 16 - 275 | e-mail: email@example.com
Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to increase the number of its female staff, in particular among its managerial, scientific and artistic staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In case of applicants with the same qualifications, women shall be given preferences.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is determined to undertake anti-discrimination measures in respect of employment policy.