Call for Papers | Impact by Designing
The conference ‘Impact by Designing’ is organised by ARENA (Architectural Research European Network Association) and strives to explore developments in research that have evolved around creative practices – specifically focusing on architecture, design, arts and music.
This 2017 ARENA conference on ‘Impact by Designing’ at the Sint-Lucas Brussels Campus aims to investigate ways in which research, education, industry/practice and society all impact upon each other. The aspects to be discussed include the following questions:
- In what ways are research, education, industry/practice and society influencing each other, that is, if they do at all?
- Is the increased focus on research impacting on education? And on society?
- In return, is education impacting on research? And on society?
- Does professional practice impact on education?
- Does research change creative professional practice?
- Is society impacting on our research endeavors? And if so, how?
- Do industry and creative professional practice impact on innovation in the field/discipline?
The conference organisers welcome all relevant contributions, from academia as well as from professional practice, that address the abovementioned topics from across the fields of architecture, design, arts and music. They especially welcome those contributions that also intend to communicate their findings through a linked exhibition.
For details see download area.