Irmgard Lettner and Ernst Lemberger scholarship for supporting final degrees 2022/23
A cooperation between the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna with Irmgard Lettner and Ernst Lemberger.
Students of the Institute of Fine Arts (diploma studies Fine Arts, MA Critical Studies, PhD in Practice), who are in their last year of studying (preparing their final degrees) and who are socially disadvantaged will be supported. Applicants have to live and work in Vienna.
Fellowship holders get the possibility to live free of charge in a flat with atelier:
- size: 70 m²
- duration: 11 months from September 1st, 2022 until July, 31st, 2023
- location: 1020 Vienna, Karmeliterplatz 3
Accommodation facilities: Living room, bedroom (double bed), bath, atelier (full furnished and equipped). For keeping pets a special permit is needed. The kitchen is furnished with an electric cooker, a fridge, the bath includes a washing machine. The house includes a terrace and a courtyard, which can be co-used by the fellowship holder. There is also the possibility to park a bicycle.
The presence of the scholarship holders in their flat/studio for a period of eleven months is a condition, as is the donation of two works* to the scholarship donors. Subletting (even temporarily) of the flat and/or studio is not allowed.
* The two works can be borrowed by the scholarship holder for exhibition purposes.
The scholarship holder is selected by a jury consisting of four professors of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna as well as one external artist or curator.
Past fellows: Ruth Jenrbekova (2021/22), Charlotte Evans & Inna Sekira (2020/21), Lana Cmajcanin (2019/20), Đejmi Hadrović (2018/19), Annamaria Tatu (2017/18), Veronika Eberhart (2016/17), Daniela Zeilinger (2015/16), Anastasyia Yarovenko (2014/15)
Application period: December 17th 2021 until March 8th, 2022
Please submit all documents in one single PDF-file with max. 3 MB:
- short description of project (1-2 pages)
- digital portfolio of the artist including CV, contact details and matriculation number
- letter of motivation
- narrative proof which demonstrates social disadvantage
- a statement by the thesis advisor why the person should be supported
- students from third country nations (non-EU members) have to demonstrate a legal permit to stay
Please note that submissions are only possible via the Academy's submission system https://calls.akbild.ac.at/ !
Contact and Information
Mag. Daniela Jungmann-Masilko ( email@example.com ); Vice-Rectorate for Art | Teaching